Interesting piece from NYTimes Well on the pressure to nurse, written by a pediatrician who attempted to “practice what she preached” and nurse for a year: “The experience made me… Read More
My patients and I read (and love) The Washington Post’s On Parenting. I particularly like this piece, as it illustrates how you can turn your frustration with your kid into a teachable… Read More
“What if Eve doesn’t make the soccer team?” “What if the other moms in the play group don’t like me?” “What if this pain in my arm means that I… Read More
Really important piece from The Mighty in which moms living with mental illness speak out about their experiences and share their “secrets.” May is Mental Health Awareness Month, an important… Read More
This piece from Scary Mommy stresses the importance of becoming part of a “mom squad,” a group of moms who support each other. I agree! This piece also claims that… Read More
I love Jennifer Senior’s All Joy and No Fun. It points out that parenthood is far from the “sunshine and flowers” experience that American parents somehow come to expect. I often… Read More
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting