Always important to have a few laughs (and gain some perspective) as you’re slogging through the first months of new motherhood. Here’s a great piece about getting your nursing baby… Read More
I have been meaning to post this amazing piece that Sarah Treem, creator of the Showtime series The Affair, wrote for the British magazine Red. In it, she describes how her… Read More
As a psychologist in the suburbs, I often hear from and about moms who could greatly benefit from therapy but avoid it, often because they are ashamed of the stigma… Read More
When I was a kid, I took an annual summer vacation with my parents and two older siblings to Long Beach Island. Here’s a snapshot of our car trip down… Read More
It’s summer! Time for barbecues! And swim parties! And lazy afternoons spent basking in the sun! Summertime is fun time! Right. Right? Here’s the thing about the summer, though. Routines… Read More
Here’s my most recent piece for Scary Mommy, about how I made a conscious choice not to care so much on the day of my nephew’s bar mitzvah. What I’ve… Read More
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting