I wrote a piece for Motherwell about the qualified happiness of parenting and the impossibility of ever feeling truly carefree. As I say in the piece: “There should be a… Read More
Over the past week, two terrific articles have been published, both featuring moms sharing their stories of depression and anxiety. One is from the Washington Post On Parenting, the other from… Read More
“So how many of you have a long to-do list that seemingly never gets shorter?” I recently posed this question to a group of 50 women during a talk on… Read More
I’ve been trying for over a week to write something about the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. All of the recent mass shootings in America have affected me deeply, but for… Read More
Valentine’s Day can be hard for moms. Single moms, moms who are having relationship issues with their partners, moms who feel pressure to curate the world’s best Valentine’s Day celebrations,… Read More
In this terrific personal essay from New York Times Well, Carolyn Ali shares how she shouldered the burden of her husband’s depression on her own. Thanks to the continued stigma around mental illness, people… Read More
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!