Today’s Mom Brain holiday tip: Just say “screw it!” Lots of my mom patients spend time worrying about how things will go when they take their kids to holiday celebrations.… Read More
Overwhelmed this holiday season? Try what we call graded task assignment in CBT, which means breaking big tasks down into smaller steps. Make a list of the things you need… Read More
The holidays are *so hard,* especially this year, when moms are feeling pressure to make up for last year’s disappointments. I devote a whole chapter of Mom Brain to holidays… Read More
I love the Psychologists Off the Clock podcast and especially the co-host (and my friend) Dr. Yael Schonbrun. I was lucky enough to be interviewed for the podcast twice–in 2019,… Read More
My son had a very difficult time transitioning back to school, and I panicked. Would it always be like this? Should I send him to a new school? What could… Read More
I was so excited to join my friend Dr. Shelby Harris, an amazing sleep expert (and contributor to Mom Brain!), for a discussion about “Momsomnia,” a term Shelby uses to… Read More
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!
- Mom Brain Holiday Tip #5: Set a (very loose) schedule