Thanksgiving is all about gratitude, right? But sometimes, moms have a hard time feeling grateful, even if they lead seemingly rewarding lives. I wrote this piece last Thanksgiving in an… Read More
I was honored to have the opportunity to speak with Sarah Argenal at Working Parent Resource about how CBT can help with parental anxiety and overwhelm. My podcast episode is #38,… Read More
I love this piece from Motherwell: “And in my experience, full-time caregiving for young children, while it can be rewarding, can also be incredibly isolating, stressful, and both emotionally and physically… Read More
I had my first son in April, and by June, I was already thinking about Halloween. I loved Halloween as a kid (that’s me and my best friend Annie in… Read More
The ability to empathize with others–that is, understand and share others’ feelings– is considered a critical skill for mothers. When our kids are struggling, we want them to know that… Read More
When my older son was an infant, I was repeatedly told that things would get much easier for me once I “made it through the first year.” Having now made… Read More
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi! 8/10 @2 pm EST
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting
- Talking Mom Brain with Peds Doc Talk!
- Mom Brain virtual book talk TONIGHT @ 7 pm