“So how many of you have a long to-do list that seemingly never gets shorter?” I recently posed this question to a group of 50 women during a talk on… Read More
I’ve been trying for over a week to write something about the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. All of the recent mass shootings in America have affected me deeply, but for… Read More
Valentine’s Day can be hard for moms. Single moms, moms who are having relationship issues with their partners, moms who feel pressure to curate the world’s best Valentine’s Day celebrations,… Read More
In this terrific personal essay from New York Times Well, Carolyn Ali shares how she shouldered the burden of her husband’s depression on her own. Thanks to the continued stigma around mental illness, people… Read More
I often talk with my mom patients about the need for “parenting reality checks;” that is, opportunities to acknowledge the sometimes difficult realities of parenting. Moms (myself included) often have… Read More
As a clinical psychologist who specializes in anxiety treatment, I consider it my responsibility to follow the news, to ensure that I’m familiar with the stressors to which my patients… Read More
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting