I posted today’s #WellnessWednesday video as scheduled, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the far more important humanitarian crisis occurring at our borders. Separating children from their parents… Read More
Are you one of those moms who is consumed with worry on a daily basis? Do you tend to worry about a number of different issues at once, many of… Read More
How many of you have ever been asked to volunteer for a PTO event that you have absolutely no interest in volunteering for? Or perhaps you’ve been pressured by a… Read More
Are you a mom who is incredibly hard on herself? Who constantly thinks about what she should be doing, but isn’t? Who believes that she is not a good enough… Read More
Mindfulness practice—that is, focusing on one thing, in the present moment, without judgment—has become an extremely popular addition to cognitive-behavioral therapy. Here are two reasons why I always stress the… Read More
As a psychologist specializing in maternal stress, I have heard many, many versions of this story: moms desperately want a break, are momentarily overjoyed when a well-meaning relative or friend… Read More
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!