I am so excited to introduce a new #WellnessWednesday series on the blog! Each Wednesday, I’ll be posting a short video and accompanying article about a different topic in cognitive-behavioral… Read More
Mother’s Day frustrates me. This is because, inevitably, I continue to play the mom role: I am in charge of planning for a holiday that is ostensibly honoring me. I… Read More
It’s almost Mother’s Day, a perfect opportunity to highlight the importance of telling moms that you appreciate them. I didn’t realize just how important this was for me personally until… Read More
I can’t count the number of times mom patients have complained about “PTA culture” and specifically the expectation that they as mothers should always be the ones volunteering. This excellent… Read More
I wrote a piece for Motherwell about the qualified happiness of parenting and the impossibility of ever feeling truly carefree. As I say in the piece: “There should be a… Read More
Over the past week, two terrific articles have been published, both featuring moms sharing their stories of depression and anxiety. One is from the Washington Post On Parenting, the other from… Read More
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting