Happy 2020, everyone! I’m especially excited for the new year, as my first book, Mom Brain: Proven Strategies to Fight the Anxiety, Guilt, and Overwhelming Emotions of Motherhood—And Relax into Your New Self, will be published this summer by Guilford Press. Mom Brain draws on my own experiences as well as those of the many new moms I’ve worked with.…
I’ve worked with a number of moms who believe that it is their duty as moms to be the Soccer Mom–that is, to attend every single event in which their children participate. For moms with a child who does multiple activities and/or multiple children, this means that afterschool and weekend hours rush by in a blur of tutus, baseballs, and…
I can’t count the number of times mom patients have complained about “PTA culture” and specifically the expectation that they as mothers should always be the ones volunteering. This excellent piece from On Parenting discusses this problem and how it is particularly challenging for working mothers. It also offers potential solutions. I’m all for any initiatives that bring more dads…
I have been meaning to post this amazing piece that Sarah Treem, creator of the Showtime series The Affair, wrote for the British magazine Red. In it, she describes how her life fell apart when her career blew up. It’s a beautifully written, brutally honest piece about the realities of balancing career, family, and marriage.
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting