Moms! Interested in keeping a “mom diary” for a day, which might be featured in an upcoming article in the Washington Post On Parenting? I’m writing a piece on maternal emotions and want to include actual emotion monitoring from real moms. If you’d like to participate, please keep a feelings diary for one day, noting down all of your emotional…
I often talk with my mom patients about the need for “parenting reality checks;” that is, opportunities to acknowledge the sometimes difficult realities of parenting. Moms (myself included) often have inflated expectations about how their kids will behave or how events will go, and when these expectations are not met, frustration and disappointment ensues. Better, then, to have realistic expectations…which…
My New Book
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Worried about re-entry into the post-COVID world? Try exposure!
- Moms! Keep a “mom diary” for a day, and you might be featured in The Washington Post!
- Parent guilt in the time of COVID (and after!)
- Mom BrainStorm: Stop trying to figure out your feelings!
- Mom BrainStorm: Feeling like the “World’s Worst Mom?” Keep a diary of “Mom wins”