Mindfulness practice—that is, focusing on one thing, in the present moment, without judgment—has become an extremely popular addition to cognitive-behavioral therapy. Here are two reasons why I always stress the importance of mindfulness for moms: Moms absolutely need to learn to take “mental time-outs” during their day. Life with kids can be so chaotic, and having a method for quickly…
Mother’s Day frustrates me. This is because, inevitably, I continue to play the mom role: I am in charge of planning for a holiday that is ostensibly honoring me. I am the one remembering to make the brunch reservation weeks in advance and coordinating flower orders for my own mother and mother-in-law and making sure my boys’ “fancies” are clean…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking “Momsomia” with sleep expert Dr. Shelby Harris
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!