Happy 2020, everyone! I’m especially excited for the new year, as my first book, Mom Brain: Proven Strategies to Fight the Anxiety, Guilt, and Overwhelming Emotions of Motherhood—And Relax into Your New Self, will be published this summer by Guilford Press. Mom Brain draws on my own experiences as well as those of the many new moms I’ve worked with.…
I’m late to this piece by Lydia Kiesling in The New York Times, but I loved it so much I had to share it. Kiesling openly admits that one of the greatest benefits of working, for her and other mothers, is to “forestall the possibility of spending all day, every day with our children.” Her essay (and the gorgeous accompanying…
I don’t often recommend fiction in my professional life, but whenever I encounter amazing writing about motherhood, I feel compelled to speak up. In Fleishman is in Trouble, Taffy Brodesser-Akner captures the complex emotions of motherhood so succinctly and perfectly. It’s an incredibly nuanced and thoughtful take on the motherhood experience, which can by turns be joyful, overwhelming, boring, anxiety-producing,…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!