Happy 2020, everyone! I’m especially excited for the new year, as my first book, Mom Brain: Proven Strategies to Fight the Anxiety, Guilt, and Overwhelming Emotions of Motherhood—And Relax into Your New Self, will be published this summer by Guilford Press. Mom Brain draws on my own experiences as well as those of the many new moms I’ve worked with.…
Ever since June began, I’ve been humming that old song from Carousel, “June Is Busting Out All Over,” but adapting the lyrics to better reflect what this month has been like for me. Over the next two weeks, my older son has a math celebration, an end-of-year picnic, and a bingo night. I’ve got to get all of his teachers…
As a psychologist specializing in maternal stress, I have heard many, many versions of this story: moms desperately want a break, are momentarily overjoyed when a well-meaning relative or friend offers to give them one, but then ultimately decide to reject the help, as leaving someone else in charge means that they cannot have total control over their children. After…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting