Happy 2020, everyone! I’m especially excited for the new year, as my first book, Mom Brain: Proven Strategies to Fight the Anxiety, Guilt, and Overwhelming Emotions of Motherhood—And Relax into Your New Self, will be published this summer by Guilford Press. Mom Brain draws on my own experiences as well as those of the many new moms I’ve worked with.…
Saw this in my neighborhood Target. I love that Galentine’s Day, from my favorite show Parks & Recreation, has hit the mainstream! We need to celebrate female friendships, especially among new moms. I can’t underscore the importance of having “mom friends” during those early years of parenting–to cheer your successes, talk you through your failures, and help you see that…
Here’s a piece I wrote for Scary Mommy about my recent college reunion: Last weekend, fueled by cheap alcoholic punch, bad nachos, and something magical called Insomnia Cookies (unrelated: Where have these been all my life?), I found myself singing and dancing like no one was watching, with 100-plus of my nearest and dearest friends. This happens every five years, when…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!
- Mom Brain Holiday Tip #5: Set a (very loose) schedule