My latest piece for Motherly–all about how parenting is just like a game of Chutes and Ladders (which just happens to be my least favorite kid board game). As I say in the piece: “As a parent, you’re constantly navigating ups and downs, wins and losses. And as in Chutes and Ladders, many of these wins and losses often seem…
Today’s #Wellness Wednesday article and video aims to help those moms who at times feel like The Worst Mom Ever. Please click on “read more” to see the video and full post! And remember, if you have ideas for topics you’d like me to cover, please don’t hesitate to contact me, either through the comments section on my blog posts,…
I am so excited to introduce a new #WellnessWednesday series on the blog! Each Wednesday, I’ll be posting a short video and accompanying article about a different topic in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for stressed and anxious moms. Please click on “read more” to watch the first video in the series. And then check out my first official post, with a…
As a psychologist in the suburbs, I often hear from and about moms who could greatly benefit from therapy but avoid it, often because they are ashamed of the stigma attached to seeking psychological treatment. I wrote this piece for PopSugar Moms in an effort to encourage these moms to seek the help they so desperately need. Moms work so…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting