As a psychologist in the suburbs, I often hear from and about moms who could greatly benefit from therapy but avoid it, often because they are ashamed of the stigma attached to seeking psychological treatment. I wrote this piece for PopSugar Moms in an effort to encourage these moms to seek the help they so desperately need. Moms work so…
Really important piece from The Mighty in which moms living with mental illness speak out about their experiences and share their “secrets.” May is Mental Health Awareness Month, an important opportunity to educate the public about mental illness in order to reduce stigma. Moms living with mental illness need help and support, not shame and ridicule.
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting