I was having a tough day yesterday and ended up in my son’s room, taking a moment to hold (read: hug) my old Cabbage Patch Kids, Tracey and Jamie. I’m not exactly sure why I was drawn to these beloved fixtures from my past, but spending a mindful moment with them was actually helpful for me. They reminded me of…
Hi Everyone! In the weeks leading up to Mom Brain’s publication, I’m going to be sharing Mom BrainStorms–short videos featuring some tidbits from the book. Today’s Mom BrainStorm highlights how you can avoid a nightly adult meltdown by doing regular emotion check-ins. Start by setting a timer on your phone to go off every few hours. When you hear the…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting