I was having a tough day yesterday and ended up in my son’s room, taking a moment to hold (read: hug) my old Cabbage Patch Kids, Tracey and Jamie. I’m not exactly sure why I was drawn to these beloved fixtures from my past, but spending a mindful moment with them was actually helpful for me. They reminded me of…
Hi Everyone! In the weeks leading up to Mom Brain’s publication, I’m going to be sharing Mom BrainStorms–short videos featuring some tidbits from the book. Today’s Mom BrainStorm highlights how you can avoid a nightly adult meltdown by doing regular emotion check-ins. Start by setting a timer on your phone to go off every few hours. When you hear the…
My New Book
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Parent guilt in the time of COVID (and after!)
- Mom BrainStorm: Stop trying to figure out your feelings!
- Mom BrainStorm: Feeling like the “World’s Worst Mom?” Keep a diary of “Mom wins”
- This Mom BrainStorm brought to you by…Cabbage Patch Kids
- Introducing Mom BrainStorms! Today’s topic: Nighttime mom meltdowns