Moms! Interested in keeping a “mom diary” for a day, which might be featured in an upcoming article in the Washington Post On Parenting? I’m writing a piece on maternal emotions and want to include actual emotion monitoring from real moms. If you’d like to participate, please keep a feelings diary for one day, noting down all of your emotional…
I constantly challenge moms to stop “shoulding” all over themselves. Which is why I feel compelled to confess that I’ve been stuck in a “should storm” of my own, as it’s been weeks since I posted on this blog. This is due to a perfect storm of end-of-summer beach vacation, back-to-school insanity, and looming book deadline. Every week, I’ve thought…
I loved talking about the stress that comes with “mom brain” with my friend Dr. Yael Chatav Shonbrun for the Psychologists off the Clock podcast. In this interview, we discuss how CBT strategies are a great fit for overwhelmed and anxious moms. We touch on topics such as learning to accept the range of maternal emotions, prioritizing self-care, seeking out…
My New Book
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Worried about re-entry into the post-COVID world? Try exposure!
- Moms! Keep a “mom diary” for a day, and you might be featured in The Washington Post!
- Parent guilt in the time of COVID (and after!)
- Mom BrainStorm: Stop trying to figure out your feelings!
- Mom BrainStorm: Feeling like the “World’s Worst Mom?” Keep a diary of “Mom wins”