Moms, you are not Santa. You do not have magical reindeer. You cannot consume a gazillion chocolate chip cookies without getting gravely ill. And, most importantly, you do not have a staff of elves to do your bidding. In a recent post I talked about how moms have overblown expectations for the holiday season—they expect magical things to happen and…
It always happens around this time of year. Moms come into my office, their faces contorted with shame. They sit down on my couch, take a deep breath, and reluctantly confess that they hate the holiday season. Every year at this time I find myself consoling moms who feel extremely guilty about hating the holidays. I don’t know where this…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!