From a distance, Emma is the picture of good fortune. Her nails are flawlessly manicured, her makeup expertly applied. She somehow maintains a neat ponytail, despite the windy weather outside, and her perfectly tailored silk blouse and pants are accented with tasteful, elegant jewelry. Yet from where I’m seated, in a chair directly across from her, I can see that…
Thanksgiving is all about gratitude, right? But sometimes, moms have a hard time feeling grateful, even if they lead seemingly rewarding lives. I wrote this piece last Thanksgiving in an effort to free moms from the pressure to be grateful. I think this message is even more relevant this year, given what’s been happening in our country. It can be…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!
- Mom Brain Holiday Tip #5: Set a (very loose) schedule