I’m one of the lucky parents whose kids went back to in-person school a few weeks ago. Despite my anxiety about the pandemic, I was mostly relieved and grateful that they’d be back in a school building. I was surprised, then, when I found myself having some separation issues, not unlike what I experienced when I first sent my kids…
I first became friends with Dr. Rebecca Schrag Hershberg in college, when we sang together in the same a cappella group (which thanks to the “Pitch Perfect” movies is now actually considered sort of cool). It just so happens that we pursued somewhat similar tracks–both of us went on to study clinical psychology; she focusing on children, I on adults.…
I cannot say enough about this article written by a dear friend and colleague, Dr. Rebecca Schrag Hershberg of Little House Calls Psychological Services. Last week’s Senate confirmation hearings were at best horrifying and at worst re-traumatizing. When we moms are exposed to news like this, especially if it triggers our own personal memories of abuse, it can be very,…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!