I’m one of the lucky parents whose kids went back to in-person school a few weeks ago. Despite my anxiety about the pandemic, I was mostly relieved and grateful that they’d be back in a school building. I was surprised, then, when I found myself having some separation issues, not unlike what I experienced when I first sent my kids…
I first became friends with Dr. Rebecca Schrag Hershberg in college, when we sang together in the same a cappella group (which thanks to the “Pitch Perfect” movies is now actually considered sort of cool). It just so happens that we pursued somewhat similar tracks–both of us went on to study clinical psychology; she focusing on children, I on adults.…
I cannot say enough about this article written by a dear friend and colleague, Dr. Rebecca Schrag Hershberg of Little House Calls Psychological Services. Last week’s Senate confirmation hearings were at best horrifying and at worst re-traumatizing. When we moms are exposed to news like this, especially if it triggers our own personal memories of abuse, it can be very,…
My New Book
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain is almost here!!! Virtual book launch event TONIGHT!!!
- Worried about re-entry into the post-COVID world? Try exposure!
- Moms! Keep a “mom diary” for a day, and you might be featured in The Washington Post!
- Parent guilt in the time of COVID (and after!)
- Mom BrainStorm: Stop trying to figure out your feelings!