Beyond thrilled to announce that my book, Mom Brain, is out May 9 (click here to pre-order)!!! In the book, I share evidence-based strategies for helping moms manage the many challenges of new motherhood, including emotional upheaval, identity changes, anxiety, social media comparison-making, and relationship shifts. The book features examples drawn from my clinical work and my own experiences as…
Excited to have my first piece in the Washington Post! The piece details how you can use the principles of exposure therapy to manage your anxiety and dread about re-entry into the post-COVID world. I discuss how avoidance breeds anxiety and outline several “rules of exposure,” with input from several experts in the field. I hope you find this helpful…
Hi all! So excited that after a COVID-related delay, my new book, Mom Brain, is available for pre-order (out May 9!). My goal in writing the book was to share effective, easy-to-use strategies in the voice of a fellow mom in the trenches. (Unlike other self-help books, this one is light on clinical jargon and heavy on Real Housewives references).…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting