I wrote this piece in Motherwell Magazine about coming to the realization that I can’t fix my older son’s problems anymore. The idea that I can’t fix things for my kids has been on my mind even more over the past few days, as I’ve felt so powerless as a parent amidst this national turmoil. What I’ve come to accept…
It’s month 10 of Unprecedented Times, and needless to say all parents are at the end of their ropes (myself included: stay tuned for a longer blog post on this topic). I spoke with Steve Calechman at Fatherly about how parents can explain their stress to their children. Bottom line: We should not try to hide our negative emotions from…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting