I wrote this piece in Motherwell Magazine about coming to the realization that I can’t fix my older son’s problems anymore. The idea that I can’t fix things for my kids has been on my mind even more over the past few days, as I’ve felt so powerless as a parent amidst this national turmoil. What I’ve come to accept…
It’s month 10 of Unprecedented Times, and needless to say all parents are at the end of their ropes (myself included: stay tuned for a longer blog post on this topic). I spoke with Steve Calechman at Fatherly about how parents can explain their stress to their children. Bottom line: We should not try to hide our negative emotions from…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!
- Mom Brain Holiday Tip #5: Set a (very loose) schedule