Mindfulness practice—that is, focusing on one thing, in the present moment, without judgment—has become an extremely popular addition to cognitive-behavioral therapy. Here are two reasons why I always stress the importance of mindfulness for moms: Moms absolutely need to learn to take “mental time-outs” during their day. Life with kids can be so chaotic, and having a method for quickly…
Today’s #Wellness Wednesday article and video aims to help those moms who at times feel like The Worst Mom Ever. Please click on “read more” to see the video and full post! And remember, if you have ideas for topics you’d like me to cover, please don’t hesitate to contact me, either through the comments section on my blog posts,…
When my older son was an infant, I was repeatedly told that things would get much easier for me once I “made it through the first year.” Having now made it through the infancy and toddlerhood of two kids, I can say with certainty that things did not, in fact, get any easier when my kids turned one. On the…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting