Last school year, I worked really, really hard to facilitate everything for my kids, in an effort to compensate for all the pandemic took from them. But it turned out all this facilitating was for nought-it didn’t help my kids, and actually compromised my own ability to take care of myself. As a specialist on maternal mental health, I was…
I wrote a piece for Motherwell Magazine about what it’s been like helping moms with their back-to-school anxiety as I also struggle with my own. I can’t remember a time when my professional and personal lives have converged so completely. In the piece I share what it’s been like for me, and what I’ve been advising myself (and my patients)…
I’ve written in years past about how anxiety-provoking back-to-school time can be for parents. Needless to say, this year is exponentially more worrisome, as parents are tasked with making the decision about whether or not to send their kids to school. Those who decide to send their children to school have to cope with their fear about what happens when…
We’ve all seen those back-to-school ads: kids look depressed while moms look positively gleeful, happily dancing through the aisles of an office supply store as they lob pencils and glue into their carts. But in reality, moms are often anxious at back-to-school time. They worry about everything from how they’ll get everything on the school supply list to how their…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting