I was a musical theater nerd growing up, but thanks to my husband’s genes my kid is all about sports. I’m slowly trying to adjust to this world of far-away tournaments and brown knee stains that never come out in the wash. I’m learning to cope with the feelings that arise when your kid is in the midst of a…
I am so excited to introduce a new #WellnessWednesday series on the blog! Each Wednesday, I’ll be posting a short video and accompanying article about a different topic in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for stressed and anxious moms. Please click on “read more” to watch the first video in the series. And then check out my first official post, with a…
Over the past week, two terrific articles have been published, both featuring moms sharing their stories of depression and anxiety. One is from the Washington Post On Parenting, the other from Vogue. As a psychologist who specializes in maternal mental health, I am always so appreciative when courageous moms like these tell their stories in major publications. These stories will undoubtedly…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting