Saw this in my neighborhood Target. I love that Galentine’s Day, from my favorite show Parks & Recreation, has hit the mainstream! We need to celebrate female friendships, especially among new moms. I can’t underscore the importance of having “mom friends” during those early years of parenting–to cheer your successes, talk you through your failures, and help you see that…
I recently came upon this terrific piece from the Boston Globe from a few months back. In it, writer Chelsea Conaboy highlights the dramatic brain changes that pre- and post-partum women undergo. She discusses how these changes might help to explain why some new moms experience significant anxiety. Expectant moms should be educated about all of the changes that new parenthood might…
Here is a post I wrote for Scary Mommy, where I discuss the pressure to breastfeed and the guilt that can ensue when moms cannot (or do not want to) nurse: When I think back to my nursing days, I am flooded with images: falling asleep with my son in my arms in the middle of the night; wrestling with…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!