Here’s a mantra I’ve adopted for myself about rising up against this new administration. There is no room for guilt in the resistance. As a psychologist, I’m also sharing it with my patients, a lot of whom are mothers. Today’s moms are in a unique position. We haven’t had to live through the political upheaval faced by past generations and…
Here is a post I wrote for Scary Mommy, where I discuss the pressure to breastfeed and the guilt that can ensue when moms cannot (or do not want to) nurse: When I think back to my nursing days, I am flooded with images: falling asleep with my son in my arms in the middle of the night; wrestling with…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting