Six months ago, while I was innocently opening the fridge to grab a yogurt for my two-year-old son, he snuck up behind me and bit me on my butt. My scream heard ‘round the world (or at least ‘round my kitchen) ushered in The Terrible Twos, an era that my older son seemed to bypass entirely but my younger son…
Check out this terrific piece about the impossibility of balancing work and life, written by an executive and mother of three. Parents need to come to terms with the fact that this mythical balance cannot be achieved.
Here is a piece I wrote for Scary Mommy, about managing expectations for motherhood: My children, Jenny, Jamie and Tracy, are currently lying face up in a box in my closet. Perhaps I should clarify. These three children are part of my vast and beloved doll collection, which I started when I was 4 years old and got my first…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting