Like every other parent, I’ve been following the news about school closures very closely…and like every other parent, I was horrified to hear that lengthy school closures (perhaps for the duration of the school year) are a real possibility. Upon hearing this, my mind spun into the future. What would this mean? My son is in his last year at…
Before our town library closed for at least two weeks, I ran over there and ransacked the place. I grabbed a huge bunch of books and old school DVDs for my kids, then hit the adult shelves. I found myself gravitating towards books that I’d read years ago and loved (two of which are pictured here). And along the same…
Many of us with elementary-aged kids are fretting about the amount of work school is sending home. It doesn’t seem like it’s going to take more than an hour or two. So what will we do with our kids for the rest of the day? How will we get any of our own work done? My kids love their “specials”…
My New Book
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Parent guilt in the time of COVID (and after!)
- Mom BrainStorm: Stop trying to figure out your feelings!
- Mom BrainStorm: Feeling like the “World’s Worst Mom?” Keep a diary of “Mom wins”
- This Mom BrainStorm brought to you by…Cabbage Patch Kids
- Introducing Mom BrainStorms! Today’s topic: Nighttime mom meltdowns