Always important to have a few laughs (and gain some perspective) as you’re slogging through the first months of new motherhood. Here’s a great piece about getting your nursing baby to latch in “33 Easy-to-Master Steps.” I love how it highlights the crazy pressure nursing mothers are under and the ridiculous standards to which they are held.
Here is a post I wrote for Scary Mommy, where I discuss the pressure to breastfeed and the guilt that can ensue when moms cannot (or do not want to) nurse: When I think back to my nursing days, I am flooded with images: falling asleep with my son in my arms in the middle of the night; wrestling with…
My New Book
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- How parents must respond to racial injustice
- Self-care during COVID-19: How to prioritize your mental health
- When sheltering in place puts parenting on display: Dealing with judgment during COVID-19
- Using mindfulness to cope with anxiety and sadness during COVID-19
- Yes, psychologists feel like crap, too: Corona-coping along with my patients