My son had a very difficult time transitioning back to school, and I panicked. Would it always be like this? Should I send him to a new school? What could I do as a parent to make things better? Turns out, my panicking was for nought. My son adjusted, and now he’s fine. In reflecting back on the experience, I…
I was so excited to join my friend Dr. Shelby Harris, an amazing sleep expert (and contributor to Mom Brain!), for a discussion about “Momsomnia,” a term Shelby uses to describe maternal sleep issues. Click here to see a recording of our live discussion. Sleep issues are endemic to the maternal experience, particularly during COVID. Shelby and I have lots…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!
- Mom Brain Holiday Tip #5: Set a (very loose) schedule