Hi all! So excited that after a COVID-related delay, my new book, Mom Brain, is available for pre-order (out May 9!). My goal in writing the book was to share effective, easy-to-use strategies in the voice of a fellow mom in the trenches. (Unlike other self-help books, this one is light on clinical jargon and heavy on Real Housewives references).…
My kids have been incredible during these pandemic/apocalypse/end-of-days-times. I, however, have not. I have started to lose my mind over really minor stuff (e.g. everything having to do with the procuring and disposing of food). I know I’m not alone in this, since all of of my mom and dad patients and friends have been experiencing the same thing. In…
I wrote this piece in Motherwell Magazine about coming to the realization that I can’t fix my older son’s problems anymore. The idea that I can’t fix things for my kids has been on my mind even more over the past few days, as I’ve felt so powerless as a parent amidst this national turmoil. What I’ve come to accept…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!