Hi all! So excited that after a COVID-related delay, my new book, Mom Brain, is available for pre-order (out May 9!). My goal in writing the book was to share effective, easy-to-use strategies in the voice of a fellow mom in the trenches. (Unlike other self-help books, this one is light on clinical jargon and heavy on Real Housewives references).…
My kids have been incredible during these pandemic/apocalypse/end-of-days-times. I, however, have not. I have started to lose my mind over really minor stuff (e.g. everything having to do with the procuring and disposing of food). I know I’m not alone in this, since all of of my mom and dad patients and friends have been experiencing the same thing. In…
I wrote this piece in Motherwell Magazine about coming to the realization that I can’t fix my older son’s problems anymore. The idea that I can’t fix things for my kids has been on my mind even more over the past few days, as I’ve felt so powerless as a parent amidst this national turmoil. What I’ve come to accept…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi! 8/10 @2 pm EST
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting
- Talking Mom Brain with Peds Doc Talk!
- Mom Brain virtual book talk TONIGHT @ 7 pm