Last week, my son had an epic meltdown at 7:45 am. Grievances included, but were not limited to: the regrettable lack of Kashi in the pantry, the “loud chewing sounds” his brother was making, and the sudden disappearance of a Patrick Mahomes Teeny Mate. I was barely awake, yet found myself thrust into Defcon 5-level kid-consoling. But my son wasn’t…
I wrote a piece about how much I hated taking my kids to the park (and how much I now miss it) for Motherwell Magazine. I found taking the kids to the park to be uniquely torturous. As I note in the piece: “Highlights included: having to spend 30+ minutes dressing my kid and loading up my stroller with everything…
Thanks so much to the Junior League of Summit for hosting my series of 3 talks on mental health during COVID-19. My last talk focused on the need to lower your expectations of yourself and others during this time, and highlighted CBT strategies to help you do so. While we’re all focused on physical health during this time, we also…
For the past few days I’ve been trying, and failing, to write coherently about the murder of George Floyd. As a professional who works with mothers, I wanted to write something acknowledging the critical role that parents play in combating racism. But I’ve honestly had difficulty finding the right words. Fortunately, my colleague and dear friend Dr. Rebecca Schrag Hershberg…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting