Last week, I was speaking with one of my patients with two young children. She confessed that she has been nothing but miserable during the pandemic and doesn’t believe others are as unhappy as she is. I assured her that many, many others are as unhappy as she is, but she remained unconvinced. She eventually asked me, “Well, what about…
“Is anyone else streaming anything in your house?” “How far away are you from your router?” “Are you using your cell phone, or your laptop?” This is me, during virtually every therapy session I’ve had over the past few weeks. I, like many mental health professionals, have had to transition to online therapy, which has meant discussing extremely personal issues…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting