Like every other parent, I’ve been following the news about school closures very closely…and like every other parent, I was horrified to hear that lengthy school closures (perhaps for the duration of the school year) are a real possibility. Upon hearing this, my mind spun into the future. What would this mean? My son is in his last year at…
Before our town library closed for at least two weeks, I ran over there and ransacked the place. I grabbed a huge bunch of books and old school DVDs for my kids, then hit the adult shelves. I found myself gravitating towards books that I’d read years ago and loved (two of which are pictured here). And along the same…
Many of us with elementary-aged kids are fretting about the amount of work school is sending home. It doesn’t seem like it’s going to take more than an hour or two. So what will we do with our kids for the rest of the day? How will we get any of our own work done? My kids love their “specials”…
It’s hard to know how to respond to an unprecedented situation like the Coronavirus pandemic. My job is to help people, especially moms of young kids, manage anxiety. And yet I, a mom of young kids, am now immersed in an incredibly anxiety-producing, upsetting situation, and like everyone else I am struggling with how to cope with this new (hopefully…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting