I first became friends with Dr. Rebecca Schrag Hershberg in college, when we sang together in the same a cappella group (which thanks to the “Pitch Perfect” movies is now actually considered sort of cool). It just so happens that we pursued somewhat similar tracks–both of us went on to study clinical psychology; she focusing on children, I on adults.…
NPR recently featured a story about mood and anxiety issues in perimenopause. I have seen this play out many times with mom patients: women who have a history of depression and/or anxiety see a spike in symptoms during the perimenopausal period. There is often a “perfect storm” of factors at play–at the same time as moms are experiencing physical and…
Happy 2020, everyone! I’m especially excited for the new year, as my first book, Mom Brain: Proven Strategies to Fight the Anxiety, Guilt, and Overwhelming Emotions of Motherhood—And Relax into Your New Self, will be published this summer by Guilford Press. Mom Brain draws on my own experiences as well as those of the many new moms I’ve worked with.…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!