I loved talking about the stress that comes with “mom brain” with my friend Dr. Yael Chatav Shonbrun for the Psychologists off the Clock podcast. In this interview, we discuss how CBT strategies are a great fit for overwhelmed and anxious moms. We touch on topics such as learning to accept the range of maternal emotions, prioritizing self-care, seeking out…
Here’s a hard lesson I had to learn when I first became a parent: “Vacation” is not synonymous with “relaxation.” If you’re looking for a low-stress, relaxing vacation, you’re not going to find it if you’re traveling with young kids. Vacations can actually be more anxiety-provoking than routine weeks at home. When we’re away from home, we don’t have control…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!