In 2003, my friend and I, both singers, staged what we described as our farewell concert, a final cabaret-style show before we hung up our vocal pipes for good. I was 24 years old. Prior to that show, I had devoted the better part of my life to singing and musical theater. But as the start of psychology graduate school…
I love this piece from On Parenting, written by the terrific Jessica Leahy. In it, she discusses how parents often overestimate the risk of something terrible happening to their children based on how outrageous current media coverage of that thing happens to be. She stresses the importance of teaching parents to evaluate risk. I often talk to parents about this,…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!