In the fourth grade I clinched the title of spelling bee champion of Ms. Meara’s reading group. I received a hand-delivered McDonald’s Happy Meal for my efforts, which for a 10 year-old is roughly equivalent to winning the Powerball jackpot. I can’t remember what word I won with, but I remember winning. I remember glory. I remember a Garfield Happy…
I love this piece from Hillary Frank, author and creator of the wonderful parenting podcast The Longest Shortest Time, about how moms don’t have to turn boring. All women are aware that motherhood is going to change their lives. We know that having kids makes it harder to go out with friends and get work done and pursue hobbies. But what…
I’ve been reading a lot over the past few days about New Year’s resolutions for moms: how moms can aim to be more present and patient with their children, for example, or how they can learn to rely less on technology. Many of the articles making their way around the mom blog-iverse are focusing on how moms can change their…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking “Momsomia” with sleep expert Dr. Shelby Harris
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!