I recently came upon this terrific piece from the Boston Globe from a few months back. In it, writer Chelsea Conaboy highlights the dramatic brain changes that pre- and post-partum women undergo. She discusses how these changes might help to explain why some new moms experience significant anxiety. Expectant moms should be educated about all of the changes that new parenthood might…
I cannot say enough about this article written by a dear friend and colleague, Dr. Rebecca Schrag Hershberg of Little House Calls Psychological Services. Last week’s Senate confirmation hearings were at best horrifying and at worst re-traumatizing. When we moms are exposed to news like this, especially if it triggers our own personal memories of abuse, it can be very,…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting