I talk to moms—A LOT—about expectations. That’s because we moms expect so much of ourselves (and, let’s face it—society expects so much of us). We want to excel in all things Mom. But here’s the thing: none of us are perfect, which means none of us can Mom perfectly. Take me, for example: I am a complete arts and crafts…
I have a distinct memory of an awful day when my older son was two months old. It was 90+ degrees and humid, and he refused to nap. I sat with him outside on the balcony of my apartment, cradling him in my arms as he wailed inconsolably. Exhausted and distracted, I found myself daydreaming about throwing him off the…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!