I can’t count the number of times mom patients have complained about “PTA culture” and specifically the expectation that they as mothers should always be the ones volunteering. This excellent piece from On Parenting discusses this problem and how it is particularly challenging for working mothers. It also offers potential solutions. I’m all for any initiatives that bring more dads…
I wrote a piece for Motherwell about the qualified happiness of parenting and the impossibility of ever feeling truly carefree. As I say in the piece: “There should be a word or expression for feeling generally happy with your life while all-consumed with an endless cycle of cares about so many daily issues. Because that would describe me, basically all…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting