Over the past week, two terrific articles have been published, both featuring moms sharing their stories of depression and anxiety. One is from the Washington Post On Parenting, the other from Vogue. As a psychologist who specializes in maternal mental health, I am always so appreciative when courageous moms like these tell their stories in major publications. These stories will undoubtedly help in the ongoing effort to destigmatize maternal mental illness, and will hopefully inspire other moms struggling with depression and anxiety to seek the help they so desperately need and deserve.
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking “Momsomia” with sleep expert Dr. Shelby Harris
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!