Over the past week, two terrific articles have been published, both featuring moms sharing their stories of depression and anxiety. One is from the Washington Post On Parenting, the other from Vogue. As a psychologist who specializes in maternal mental health, I am always so appreciative when courageous moms like these tell their stories in major publications. These stories will undoubtedly help in the ongoing effort to destigmatize maternal mental illness, and will hopefully inspire other moms struggling with depression and anxiety to seek the help they so desperately need and deserve.
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!