I’ve been trying for over a week to write something about the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. All of the recent mass shootings in America have affected me deeply, but for some reason, this one has been impossible for me to process. Perhaps because there has been so much coverage of the students and parents of Parkland, who are speaking so…
Valentine’s Day can be hard for moms. Single moms, moms who are having relationship issues with their partners, moms who feel pressure to curate the world’s best Valentine’s Day celebrations, moms who lose hours of their lives filling out a gazillion valentines for all of their children’s classmates. (Just to add a bit to that last one: last year I…
In this terrific personal essay from New York Times Well, Carolyn Ali shares how she shouldered the burden of her husband’s depression on her own. Thanks to the continued stigma around mental illness, people often choose to be silent about their mental health issues, and ask that loved ones remain silent as well. I can’t tell you how many patients of mine are ashamed…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!