I often talk with my mom patients about the need for “parenting reality checks;” that is, opportunities to acknowledge the sometimes difficult realities of parenting. Moms (myself included) often have inflated expectations about how their kids will behave or how events will go, and when these expectations are not met, frustration and disappointment ensues. Better, then, to have realistic expectations…which…
As a clinical psychologist who specializes in anxiety treatment, I consider it my responsibility to follow the news, to ensure that I’m familiar with the stressors to which my patients are continually exposed. Which is why, on a daily basis, I turn to the hard-hitting journalism of Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest. Yep, I’m talking about LIVE With Kelly and…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting