We all like to think that we totally get who our kids are. But what happens when they become someone else entirely, seemingly overnight? I discuss my experience with kids and change in a new piece for Motherly. We need to stop trying to peg our kids as one thing or another and instead give them the freedom to change. As…
It always happens around this time of year. Moms come into my office, their faces contorted with shame. They sit down on my couch, take a deep breath, and reluctantly confess that they hate the holiday season. Every year at this time I find myself consoling moms who feel extremely guilty about hating the holidays. I don’t know where this…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting