Thanksgiving is all about gratitude, right? But sometimes, moms have a hard time feeling grateful, even if they lead seemingly rewarding lives. I wrote this piece last Thanksgiving in an effort to free moms from the pressure to be grateful. I think this message is even more relevant this year, given what’s been happening in our country. It can be…
I was honored to have the opportunity to speak with Sarah Argenal at Working Parent Resource about how CBT can help with parental anxiety and overwhelm. My podcast episode is #38, and can be accessed via itunes or stitcher. Sarah’s podcast and workshops are terrific resources for parents looking for support and guidance as they try to navigate their home and working lives.…
I love this piece from Motherwell: “And in my experience, full-time caregiving for young children, while it can be rewarding, can also be incredibly isolating, stressful, and both emotionally and physically demanding. Even the worst, most outrageous boss is an adult who observes minimal pro-social norms. For the most part people at work won’t follow you around the office screaming hysterically…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting