I wrote a piece for Motherly about the transitions you can’t prepare for, those moments when you are blindsided by changes in your children. As a parent, I have found these transitions to be more difficult to navigate than the transitions we all know to expect (i.e. first day of kindergarten, first middle school dance, first trip to college). I had a much harder time dealing with the discovery of my son’s leg hair than with his first day of preschool. I would love to hear from my readers: which transitions have been most surprising and difficult for you? What did you do to cope?
The Transitions You Can’t Prepare For
You must log in to post a comment.
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!