As a psychologist in the suburbs, I often hear from and about moms who could greatly benefit from therapy but avoid it, often because they are ashamed of the stigma attached to seeking psychological treatment. I wrote this piece for PopSugar Moms in an effort to encourage these moms to seek the help they so desperately need. Moms work so hard to cultivate their external personas on social media; they need to work just as hard to manage their internal struggles.
Why it’s ok for moms to go to therapy
You must log in to post a comment.
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Talking parental decision fatigue with Vivvi
- What to do when you see your kid struggling with the things you struggle with
- Talking “Mom Brain” with Katie Lowes on Katie’s Crib!
- My latest in The Washington Post: Managing parental anxiety when *everything* feels high-stakes
- Last Mom Brain Holiday Tip: Take care of yourself!