As a psychologist in the suburbs, I often hear from and about moms who could greatly benefit from therapy but avoid it, often because they are ashamed of the stigma attached to seeking psychological treatment. I wrote this piece for PopSugar Moms in an effort to encourage these moms to seek the help they so desperately need. Moms work so hard to cultivate their external personas on social media; they need to work just as hard to manage their internal struggles.
Why it’s ok for moms to go to therapy
You must log in to post a comment.
My New Book
Are You A Stressed Mom?
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain is almost here!!! Virtual book launch event TONIGHT!!!
- Worried about re-entry into the post-COVID world? Try exposure!
- Moms! Keep a “mom diary” for a day, and you might be featured in The Washington Post!
- Parent guilt in the time of COVID (and after!)
- Mom BrainStorm: Stop trying to figure out your feelings!