I have been meaning to post this amazing piece that Sarah Treem, creator of the Showtime series The Affair, wrote for the British magazine Red. In it, she describes how her life fell apart when her career blew up. It’s a beautifully written, brutally honest piece about the realities of balancing career, family, and marriage.
As a psychologist in the suburbs, I often hear from and about moms who could greatly benefit from therapy but avoid it, often because they are ashamed of the stigma attached to seeking psychological treatment. I wrote this piece for PopSugar Moms in an effort to encourage these moms to seek the help they so desperately need. Moms work so…
When I was a kid, I took an annual summer vacation with my parents and two older siblings to Long Beach Island. Here’s a snapshot of our car trip down and back: my brother blasts Bruce Springsteen on his Walkman in an effort to drown out the showtunes playing on the car stereo. When my sister inevitably starts belting out…
Mom Brain Book
Follow me on TwitterTweets by @DrCBTMom
- Mom Brain Q&A with Motherwell Magazine!
- My back to school resolution: To stop trying to facilitate everything for my kids
- Talking maternal emotions, anxiety, and perfectionism with Vivvi
- Perfectionism, comparison-making, and more on the Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podast!
- Sharing what I’ve learned about maternal emotions for The Washington Post’s On Parenting